Frequently Asked Questions

Are you connected to the Civil Resolution Tribunal or Government of BC?

No, we are not part of the Civil Resolution Tribunal or the Government of BC. We are independent researchers from Thompson Rivers University. This project is funded by a grant from the Government of Canada’s Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council. You can read a bit more about the grant by clicking here.

How can I participate in this study as a lawyer, or other stakeholders in the justice system?

There are two parts to the CRT User Experience Study. The first is a survey for people who have used the Civil Resolution Tribunal for themselves. The second part is interviews with justice system stakeholders, including lawyers and other people who work in the justice system. If you would like to be interviewed, we would love to hear from you. You can email us at crt.user.study@gmail.com for more information.

Will anyone be able to see that I did the survey and what my answers were?

The survey is anonymous and your name and identity won't be asked for or used. We will ask if it's ok to quote text from your written answers, but won't/can't attribute the quote to you.

What will my survey/ interview answers be used for?

We aim to write three articles and a book that talk about what we learn from the survey and interviews. Survey answers will remain completely anonymous, and will mostly be presented in the form of statistics (ex. 40% of people said that they solved their problem through mediation). Interview answers will only be quoted with the participant's permission.